I’m still going strong on the 21 Day Fix and I put this together after looking longingly at some feta cheese in the fridge. It’s a perfect lunch, whether you are doing the 21 Day Fix or not. You could definitely add a red container of chicken to this if you want to add some protein. If would have been thinking ahead, I would have made some Greek Meatballs to eat with this. Yum.
21 Day Fix Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano (Note: You could also use 1 tsp of Greek seasoning in place of the basil and oregano)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
Mix all of these ingredients in a blender until smooth. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- 1 Green container of mixed greens (I used Organic 50/50 Spring Mix)
- 1 Green container of chopped cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow container of quinoa cooked according to the package direction
- Note: I used 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup of water and cooked it in my rice cooker. I think next time, I will cook it in chicken broth for more flavor. Then, I just scooped out enough to fill 1/2 of a yellow container and put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow
- 1 Blue container of feta cheese
- 1 orange container of kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 orange container of the dressing
Mix all of the above together and enjoy! I tossed the salad greens and the quinoa together with the dressing first and then mixed in the rest of the veggies and topped it with the feta and olives.
21 Day Fix Container Counts: 2 green, 1/2 yellow, 1 blue, 2 orange
Note: If you skip the olives, it will only be 1 orange container.
Not getting the results you want?
It can be so frustrating to eat healthy and workout and not feel like you are getting anywhere. For me, the missing part of the puzzle was accountability. I started leading these free challenge groups and having a tribe of supportive people to check in with and cheer me on, really helped me stay on track. Each month, I run different groups. They are always free and I would love to have you. Check here for the latest of what’s coming up.