I love coming home to the smell of dinner simmering away in the crock pot. When I do the 21 Day Fix, I’m usually fresh out of yellow containers after lunch and am always scrounging around for a dinner that’s not going to undo my whole day. I love bar food and buffalo flavors, but I’m not a fan of gnawing meat off the bone. Give me those flavors without any guilt or a pile of bones and I’m a happy girl. This recipe is spicy, creamy and perfect. It’s also super easy to throw together the night before or in the morning before work.
If you love Buffalo wings, but want a healthier version that fits into The 21 Day Fix, check this out. I made this for dinner this week and we ate the leftovers for lunch. My husband told me he could eat it every day. This would also be great all piled up on a bun.
Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 lb package of chicken breasts
- 1/2 package of ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- Spray the crock pot with oil or no stick spray and add the chicken.
- Toss the chicken with the ranch dressing mix.
- Add the wing sauce
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cooked.
- Shred the chicken and put it back in the sauce.
- Mixed Greens
- Sugar Snap Peas – sliced
- Assorted veggies (I used cherry tomatoes, cucumber and peppers. You can use whatever you like.)
- Celery – (I like to use a vegetable peeler to make celery shavings because it looks fancy and also because you get the flavor of the celery without the stringy weirdness that comes from raw celery. If you don’t want to mess with that, not a big deal. You can cut them however you want.)
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Organic Blue Cheese Salad dressing
- For each serving, scoop 1 green container of mixed greens onto a plate.
- Re-fill the green container with the snap peas, celery and assorted veggies
- Measure out a red container of the shredded chicken
- Mix that all together
- Measure out an orange container of salad dressing and drizzle it over the top.
- Sprinkle 1 blue container of crumbled blue cheese if desired
21 Day Fix Container count: 2 green, 1 red, 1 orange, 1 blue (if you use the blue cheese)
Note: This probably wouldn’t be considered “clean” because of the pre-made ingredients from the store, but I found organic ranch dressing mix and organic blue cheese dressing made with Greek yogurt – both with ingredients I could pronounce. I’m not going to sweat the Franks. It’s healthier than anything I would find in the drive through or at happy hour.