I just started my 2nd round of the 21 Day Fix and it’s going really well. I’ve lost some lbs, my clothes are fitting better and I’m feeling good – except that I’m getting bored with my food choices. Fall is in the air and apples are all over the farmer’s market. So, I decided to turn one of my favorite treats into a 21 Day Fix friendly breakfast.
I started out trying to make baked apples, but that turned out to be a lot of work. So, I quickly changed it to apple crisp and the result was so good. Plus, it made the house smell amazing. I’ve eaten this for breakfast all week and it’s everything I love about apple crisp. It changed up my breakfasts and took care of my apple pie fall cravings in one shot. This would also be great for a Fix-friendly dessert or treat. I hope you like it.
21 Day Fix: Apple Crisp Parfait Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 4 apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 TBL honey
- 1 TBL coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 individual tubs of plain, greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey (per yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (per yogurt)
- Spray a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 casserole pan with non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the apples with 1/2 of cinnamon. Spread them into the prepared pan.
- Mix the oats, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Sprinkle the oats over the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Mix each container of plain yogurt with 2 tsp honey and a splash of vanilla. Note: I made this and then ate it for 4 breakfasts. So, each day, I would reheat the apples and mix up the yogurt).
- Your serving is 1/4 of the pan of the apple and the crumble mixture. Put that into a bowl while it’s still warm and drizzle it with the yogurt. (Note: I used about half my tub of yogurt on top of the apple mixture and then just ate the rest by itself. So, play around with your yogurt to apple ratio).
- To reheat it, microwave it for about a minute.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 purple (apple), 1 yellow (oatmeal) and 1 red (yogurt). You can also count 1 tsp for the coconut oil.
Note: The book says 2 tsp of honey are allowed in your coffee. That equals out to about what is sweetening up the oatmeal mixture. I’m not going get stressed out about the extra in the yogurt. If it stresses you out, leave the honey out of the yogurt.
Not getting the results you want?
It can be so frustrating to eat healthy and workout and not feel like you are getting anywhere. For me, the missing part of the puzzle was accountability. I started leading these free challenge groups and having a tribe of supportive people to check in with and cheer me on, really helped me stay on track. Each month, I run different groups. They are always free and I would love to have you. Check here for the latest of what’s coming up.
More apple recipes:
Looking for another easy breakfast? I love baked oatmeal.